Dessert - Bananas and tapioca pearls
SERVINGS: 4 portions
- 750 ml (3 t) of water
- 85 ml (1/3 t) of tapioca pearls
- 250 ml (1 t) unsweetened coconut milk
- 85 ml (1/3 t) of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1tsp sesame seeds
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, boil the water. Add the tapioca pearls and mix well to separate each pearl.
2. Turn the heat to low and let cook gently for at least 20 minutes, stirring constantly. The pearls should become transparent and the overall texture should be a bit sticky. If this is not the case, pour in a few spoonfuls of water.
3. Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt, then mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Cut each banana in half lengthwise, then half in half. Add the bananas to the pan. Cook another 5 minutes.
5. Pour in small bowls and garnish with sesame seeds.