Kung pao chicken
SERVINGS: 4 portions
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black vinegar (failing this, Worcestershire)
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of sichuan pepper crushed with mortar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 small diced white onion
- 2 chopped hot pepper or 2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 red pepper cut into cubes
- 2 green shallots cut into 3 cm sections
- 1/2 cup roasted peanut without salt
1. Combine chicken pieces with soy sauce, cornstarch and baking soda. Marinate at least 10 minutes but less than 30 minutes.
2. During this time, prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients until the oil. Book.
3. In a heavy-bottom skillet or wok, light the fire to its maximum. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and when everything is hot, cook the chicken on all sides for about 4 minutes.
4. Add all the rest of the ingredients one by one, mixing them well.
5. Add the sauce and let cook for a minute. 6. Serve with bowls of hot rice.