Miso Beef Tongue Skewers
- 1/2 beef tongue
- 1 onion with 2 cloves
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- enough water to cook the tongue in a saucepan
- 1 tsp of yellow miso
- 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of mirin
- 1 tsp of sake
- wooden skewers soaked an hour in the water
- 2 tsp of sesame seeds
1. Cook the beef tongue in water with onion and garlic for at least 6 hours over low heat.
2. When the tongue is cooked, let it cool down and remove the white skin.
3. Refrigerate approximately 1 hour.
4. Make the sauce by mixing the miso, the sugar, the mirin and the sake together.
5. Slice the tongue finely and marinate in the sauce for half an hour.
6. Make skewers using the tongue slices.
7. Quickly cook on the BBQ or in the oven with the grill set to 500F. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.