Cold Peanut Butter Noodles
- 2 generous handfuls noodles (spaghetti type or linguine Italian version or Shanghai noodles or Cantonese) cooked, rinsed in water and left at room temperature for a few minutes
- 1 green onion, julienned and soaked in water 20 minutes
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or julienned
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp cold water
1. Prepare noodles or pasta and set aside in a large bowl.
2. Add the vegetables (use whatever you have on hand but make sure they are already cooked and at room temperature - chill using ice cubes, if necessary).
3. Prepare sauce by combining all the ingredients, mix well.
4. Pour the sauce into the large bowl and stir until all the ingredients are well mixed and the vegetables and noodles are coated.
5. Divide into two bowls or plates.