- Marinated Vegetables
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 radish, thinly sliced
- 4 slices red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped (or more according to your taste)
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pork chops or 2 chicken legs
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 3 tbsp lemongrass, minced
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 turns of black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- Make the vegetable marinade by mixing together all the ingredients. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, marinate the meat by mixing together all the ingredients with the pork or chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the meat on the barbecue until the internal temperature reaches 170F chicken or pork or simply bake in the oven.
- Cut the meat into pieces and spread it on a plate.
- Remove the vegetables from the marinade and place in a bowl.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for one minute.
- Place the meat and vegetables into the tacos and enjoy.