Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 canned chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup Shimeiji mushrooms (or Parisian or shitake) chopped
- ½ cup dehydrated cat ear mushrooms and rehydrated in a cup of water and chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of five spices
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 turns pepper mill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown or white rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
1. In large skillet, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for about a minute.
2. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the sauces and all the spices. Mix well.
4. Add rice, broth and water and cover. Cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is cooked. Make sure to add water if the rice has absorbed it all and mix everything so that the rice does not stick to the pan.
5. Five minutes before finishing cooking, add the coriander and green onions and mix well.