Asian Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 butternut squash, chopped in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 900 ml chicken broth
- a little pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, sauté the onion in the coconut oil until the onions are translucent.
2. Add ginger and garlic and mix well. Cook for a few seconds, then add the curry powder and the pepper flakes. Mix everything well.
3. Add squash cubes, soy sauce and broth. Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes on low heat.
4. Turn off the heat and allow the soup to rest for a few moments. With a hand blender, reduce the soup to a smooth soup.
5. Serve with a dash of coconut milk.