Quails marinated in maple syrup and soy sauce
Servings: 4 portions
- 4 plump quail
- 2 tbs five spices
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs salt
- 5 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 2 crushed and chopped garlic cloves
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
1. Clean and pat dry the quails.
2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients.
3. With a kitchen brush, spread the marinade all over the quails, insisting on the inside.
4. Marinate the quail in a bowl and add the rest of the marinade.
5. Turn the oven to 375F and put the quails in a baking dish.
6. Cook for about 20 minutes by "painting" the marinade on quails from time to time. Use a thermometer to check the quails. The quails will be ready when you get a reading of more or less 80C degrees.
7. Change the fire to the roasting function for a well roasted quails.
8. Put the marinade in a saucepan and boil it to obtain a sauce to sprinkle over the quails.