Large noodle soup with pork shanks
- 1 1kg pork shank cut into two pieces
- 500g various pork bones (neck, foot, tail)
- 5L water
- 1 peeled onion, cut in half
- 2 shallots, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 125 ml (½ t) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 125 ml (½ t) dried shrimp
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 375 ml (1 ½ t) large pieces of crabmeat (or lobster or both)
- 12 large raw shrimp
- 1 packet of banh canh noodles (refrigerated section) or udon noodles
- For the plate of herbs
- 2 green shallots, cut into sections
- 125 ml (½ t) chopped coriander
1. In a large cauldron, bring broth to a boil with pork, onion, shallots, garlic cloves, fish sauce, pepper, sugar and dried shrimp. Boil while foaming very often. After 30 minutes, remove the meat and put it in the water so that it does not brown. Cut in thin slices. Continue cooking broth for another half an hour.
2. During this time, cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain them once cooked and divide into individual bowls that you will microwave in the microwave about ten seconds before pouring the broth.
3. When you are ready to eat, add large pieces of crab and shrimp to the smoking broth.
4. In each bowl of noodles, place slices of pork, some pieces of crab. Sprinkle with hot broth.