Asian onion soup
Preparation Time: 4 people|
- 1 tbs of butter
- 1 sliced yellow onion
- 1 medium sliced red onion
- 1 tbs of sake
- 1 tbs of reduced salt soy sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tbs of fried onions
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes so that they become caramelized.
2. Deglaze the pan with the sake and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Wait until the alcohol evaporates a little.
3. Add the soy sauce and mix well. Add beef broth and water.
4. Increase the fire to bring to a boil and lower the heat. Simmer 15 minutes.
5. Serve with fried onions on top and a slice of bread.