Roast pork belly
- 1 beautiful piece of pork belly with skin of about 1kg
- 1 tbs of Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp of five Chinese spices
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tbs of rice vinegar
1. In a large pot, boil water and blanch the side for 5 minutes.
2. Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice. After 5 minutes of cooking, remove the side and put it in the frozen bowl for ten minutes.
3. Choose a sharp knife. Take out the side and put it on a cutting board. With the knife, pass the blade several times over the skin in a horizontal movement in order to remove the impurities from the skin. Thoroughly blot the skin with a paper towel.
4. Turn the flank and make large vertical incisions in the flesh to the fat. Pour the cooking wine and massage well, especially in the incisions.
5. In a bowl, combine the salt, sugar and the five spices. Pour this mixture over the flesh and between the incisions and massage well.
6. Take an aluminum foil and put the flank side flesh on the paper. Close the paper around the side to leave the skin exposed. Using a paper towel, blot the skin well and sprinkle a CAT with salt on top.
7. Leave the flank to rest in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
8. When you are ready to cook, heat the oven in convection mode to 400F.
9. Take out the side and using paper towel, blot the skin to get rid of the salt. With a brush, put a little rice vinegar on the skin. Put the side in a drip pan and cook for 30 minutes.
10. Take out the side, wipe the skin again and paint with rice vinegar.
11. Put the oven in grid mode at 500F and bake the side. Watch the skin become crisp under your eyes and take out the flank after about 15 minutes. 12. Remove from the oven and wait for ten minutes before cutting into pieces. Enjoy with rice or in a ramen soup.