- 5 bacon slices cut into small pieces
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 diced potato
- 1 diced carrot
- 2 tbs of flour
- 2 cans of clam juice
- 1 1 / 2 cup water
- 2 boxes of clams without the juice
- 1 / 2 cup 15% or 35% cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander for garnish
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, cook the bacon until it becomes crisp. Put it on a paper towel and set aside.
2. Remove the excess oil from the pan and add the onion, garlic, potato and carrot. Salt and pepper. Cook everything for a few minutes and add the flour.
3. Add the clam juice and bring to a boil. Mix everything well.
4. Add the water and cook for at least 20 minutes.
5. Add the clams and mix well. Add the cream and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Add the bacon and chopped cilantro and serve hot.