Tom Yum and Noodle Soup
Servings: 4 portions
- 5 cups of water
- 3 lemongrass branches crushed and cut into sections
- 3 crushed and chopped bird peppers
- 3 lime leaves torn into pieces
- 5 Tbs Thai pepper paste
- 1 Tbs evaporated milk
- 20 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 8 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can volvary mushrooms, drained and halved or a handful of button mushrooms, halved
- 8 Thai mini eggplant
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs sugar or to taste
- 2 Tbs lime juice or to taste
- 4 cups fresh cooked and drained noodles in cold water
- 4 branches chopped cilantro
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add water.
2. Add each ingredient to the water, making sure to let them cook one by one so that the aromas mix.
3. After the evaporated milk, increase the heat and add the shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms and mini-eggplant.
4. Lower the heat and adjust the seasoning with the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
5. Put the noodles in 4 bowls.
6. Increase the heat and pour the broth into each bowl, making sure to include a little of everything.
7. Sprinkle with cilantro and taste immediately.