Small pork ribs with caramel and coca-cola
- 450 g (1 lb) ribs, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 tbsp. tablespoon of sugar
- 1 C. salt
- 1 C. pepper
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of fish sauce
- 60 ml (¼ t) cola
- 1 C. sambal oelek
- 1 C. tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 gray shallot, cut, chopped
- 2 pods garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. fried onions (sold in a jar)
1-In a bowl, rub the pieces of ribs with 1 tbsp. of the sugar, salt, pepper, fish sauce, coca-cola and sambal oelek. Refrigerate for half an hour.
2-In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the shallot and garlic for 30 seconds. Then melt the rest of the sugar in it.
3-Add the pork ribs and the marinade. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
4-Add the cola, cover and continue cooking over low heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
5-Serve with a bowl of hot white rice, drizzled with sauce, to do like the Vietnamese!