Sautéed sea knives with black bean sauce
- 2 pounds of razor clams, covered in water with 1 Tbsp of salt to remove sand and soaked for 30 minutes and rinsed
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- 4 tbsp of chopped onion
- 2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
- 2 Tbsp of black bean and garlic sauce
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of water
- 3 branches of green shallots, cut into sections
- 1 good handful of chopped cilantro
1- In a large enough skillet, sauté the ginger, garlic and onion in a little canola oil over medium heat for a good minute. Add the cooking wine and let reduce a little.
2- Add the black bean sauce, maple syrup, soy sauce and water. Increase the heat, add the knives and close with a lid so the knives open into the mixture. Add water if necessary
3- When the knives are open, lower the heat and add the green onions and cilantro.