- 100g ground pork
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 can of 784ml diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 turns of a pepper mill
- 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
1- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the ground pork, breaking it up. Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
2- Add the canned tomatoes and the spices excluding the soy sauce. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
3- Add the soy sauce and mix well.
4- Increase the heat to high intensity and delicately, break one egg at a time in the mixture.
5- Wait for the eggs to set in the mixture. Add pepper and garnish with chopped cilantro.
6- Serve with slices of bread for brunch.