Fake pomegranate seeds in coconut milk (Suong Sa Hat Luu)
- This recipe is done in 4 steps and requires final assembly at the time of eating.
- Agar agar jelly
- 12g of agar agar + 7 cups of water + 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 1- put all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, mix well until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- 2- put the mixture in a rectangular mold and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3- Using a mandolin with a blade to make julienne, grate the agar agar about 10cm in size
- 4- Reserve in the refrigerator
- The "pomegranate seeds"
- 1 can 227 ml whole water chestnuts, drained, rinsed and cut into pieces as small as the real pomegranate seeds
- 7 drops of red food coloring
- 5 cases of tapioca starch
- 1- in a bowl, put the pieces of water chestnuts and add the coloring and mix well so that everything is well coated
- 2- Add the tapioca starch and mix everything well
- 3- Using a colander, strain the mixture to remove the excess starch
- 4- put water in the saucepan and bring to a boil
- 5- put water and a few ice cubes in a large bowl near the stove
- 5- put the “seeds” to cook 2 CAS at a time so that the “seeds” do not stick together. The seeds can be removed while they are floating on top of the water. Place them in the bowl of water and ice cubes.
- Continue for the rest of the “seeds”.
- Dessert syrup
- 3 / 4t sugar
- 3 / 4t of water
- 1- Put everything in a saucepan and boil the syrup until the sugar has dissolved
- Coconut milk for dessert
- 1 can of 14 oz coconut milk
- 1/4 CAT of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp of tapioca starch
1- put all the ingredients in a saucepan and wait for the boil
2- mix everything well
3- turn off the heat and set aside in the refrigerator for a few minutes
In a dessert bowl or a glass, put a few ice cubes, add 2 Tbsp of dessert syrup and dessert coconut milk, 2 Tbsp of “seeds”, 2 Tbsp of agar jelly filaments and 2 Tbsp of water very cold.